Schedule for 4.4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Feb 14 22:15:15 CET 2006

Olivier Fourdan schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> Could we agree on a schedule for 4.4? When do you estimate you can
> complete the features of your packages so that we can freeze and start
> the beta releases?
>
> Based on your inputs, we'll build a definitive schedule (hopefully)

The panel should be feature-complete, but probably not everything is
working as it should. It is working well enough to start alpha/beta
testing, I believe. I can't test xinerama/multi-head myself, so I will
need some help with that.

I expect some string changes still (for translators) as a consequence of
fixing, updating and polishing the user interfaces. A new proper default
configuration will also add some strings.

A release in April, like Benny is planning for Thunar, sounds
reasonable, considering we're already half-way through February. We need
to start doing test releases soon in that case, though. April is only 7
weeks away ...

	Jasper