Schedule for 4.4

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Feb 14 21:36:56 CET 2006

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could we agree on a schedule for 4.4? When do you estimate you can
> complete the features of your packages so that we can freeze and start
> the beta releases?

Just a thought, but how about an alpha release first to get some
feedback before freezing stuff? There'll be an alpha2 for Thunar
this/next week (still ~10 bugs to go), maybe we can combine that with
the other packages to a 4.4alpha release?

> Based on your inputs, we'll build a definitive schedule (hopefully)

Well, time is limited for everyone (atleast that's what I read on the
lists), so maybe April for final versions of Thunar, Terminal and
libexo, and xfce4-session will be frozen as-is right now. I've started
to put all relevant stuff into bugzilla (well not yet everything, but
atleast most important stuff), so that should give a good idea what
needs to be done for the final.

There'll be a beta (meta-final) version of these packages available for
the Xubuntu release, atleast.

> TIA
> Olivier.

greets,