4.4 ETA?

Robin Haswell rob at digital-crocus.com
Sun Feb 12 01:22:56 CET 2006

Yeah but let's face is, (x)ubuntu isn't really exposure you wanna turn
down. This could be a turning point for XFCE. Xubuntu is almost as good
as Ubuntu at the moment. I myself run a hybrid of GNOME services
(keyring, vfs, session manager, all that crap) and XFCE (xfwm,
xfdesktop, xfce-panel, iconbox). It has all the "it just works" of
Ubuntu/GNOME with power-user features, such as a 21st century window
manager. But I wouldn't have ever, EVER even thought of trying out XFCE
if I hadn't been able to run "sudo aptitude install xubuntu-desktop".

-Rob