empty panel

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Feb 5 09:37:52 CET 2006

Marcel Pol schreef:
> Hello,
> With xfce-panel in current svmn there aren't many items on the main
> panel. I remember having some launchers and other things available by
> default on the 4.2 panel.
> Default 4.3 panel:
> http://www.chaosmongers.org/marcel/screenshots/20060204-xfce-4.3.0.png
> My own preference (just 1 panel):
> http://www.chaosmongers.org/marcel/screenshots/20060204-xfce-4.3.0-mine.png
>
> I tried setting up a panel.xml with several launchers, like in 4.2
> panel. One thing that's different is that every launcher has its own
> config file, so I'm not sure how to proceed with that. Should I just
> wait untill it's added to cvs, or should I propose a default set of
> configfiles?

You are right. There is a need for a new default configuration and
suggestions are always welcome.

Maybe it is still a little early, it is one of the last things that need
to be done, but it is good to start a discussion on what it should look
like.

I think we should make the default layout similar to the 4.2 default: a
taskbar at the top, and a smaller panel with launchers at the bottom.

	Jasper