panel multiscreen problems

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Dec 31 10:28:14 CET 2006

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> The second thing I'm seeing is a bit more problematic. It seems, at
> least in Xnest, that _all_ external plugins are simply killed when
> changing screens (gdb says 'Program exited with code 060'). It's
> happening in a rather sneaky way, because the sockets are not destroyed
> as they normally would when a plug disappears.

A bit more info: what seems to be happening is that the GtkPlug is
reparented to the root window and gtk has decided that this is should
not happen, so it sends a delete event. This of course makes the plugin
exit.

I'm not sure if this is the expected behavior. Perhaps the plugin would
later have been reparented to the socket on the new screen. That would
mean that maybe I can't use this signal to exit the plugin. More work to
be done... next year ;-)

    Jasper