xfce mcs "dialog" isn't really a dialog

Danny Milosavljevic danny_milo at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 17:16:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:51:09 +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
[...]
>> And xfce-mcs-dialog doesn't have any question.
>>
>> It's a correctness issue :) (read: nitpicking)
>
> That's somewhat bogus then. Because there are hundreds of dialogs that
> are neither windows nor questions (note that dialog != question, i.e. I
> talk to you right, but there's no question in my reply, but its
> nevertheless a dialog).

I'm talking about computer dialog windows that are used when you
request an action and it needs extra information (parameters) to complete
that action.

That is, dialog windows aren't useful on their own, just in connection
with another window / thing. And very short-lived.

I hope we agree on that, at least :)

> Dunno if that patch to xfwm4 was already
> applied, but if so, it should be reverted IMHO.

What has that to do with anything?

And as I said, that's not to be used for 4.4.0, so no, not yet.

cheers,
  Danny