xfce mcs "dialog" isn't really a dialog

Danny Milosavljevic danny_milo at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 16:43:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:29:09 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

[...]
>> See the post with the subject "xfwm4 dialogs, be afraid". I made
>> dialogs look like the questions they are :) (different from normal
>> windows)
>>
>> And xfce-mcs-dialog doesn't have any question.
>>
>> It's a correctness issue :) (read: nitpicking)
>>

> Can't you just call gtk_window_set_type_hint() then?

I could, but why?

> Also, your patch removes the header, which is bad.

The header is now the window title. Check the other patch / screenshot :)
(yeah, I know, the theme looks bad ;))

> And please use the common gtk style of casting (everything is a widget,
> cast as necessary), e.g 'GtkWidget *box = gtk_vbox_new(...);' instead of
> 'GtkBox *box = GTK_BOX (gtk_vbox_new (...));'.

That's just stupid, no matter how common it is (it *is* a box, so the
variable is of box type too. The only exception would be if the variable
were public and the caller weren't supposed to know what kind of widget it
is). The gobject system is bad enough as is, I don't want to obfuscate it
any more.

cheers,
  Danny