xfce mcs "dialog" isn't really a dialog

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Aug 15 16:29:09 CEST 2006

Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:54:23 +0200, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>
>> Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Now with the dialogs actually being different in my copy, I noticed that
>>> the xfce mcs "dialog" isn't asking anything and thus really isn't a dialog :)
>>>
>>> Do we want to
>>> http://www.scratchpost.org/patches/xfce-mcs-dialog-as-a-window-instead.patch
>>> thus?
>> I fail to see the point in that patch?!
>
> See the post with the subject "xfwm4 dialogs, be afraid". I made dialogs
> look like the questions they are :) (different from normal windows)
>
> And xfce-mcs-dialog doesn't have any question.
>
> It's a correctness issue :) (read: nitpicking)

Can't you just call gtk_window_set_type_hint() then?

Also, your patch removes the header, which is bad.

And please use the common gtk style of casting (everything is a widget,
cast as necessary), e.g 'GtkWidget *box = gtk_vbox_new(...);' instead of
'GtkBox *box = GTK_BOX (gtk_vbox_new (...));'.

	Jasper