Plugin vs. icon sizes.

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 11:55:00 CEST 2006

On 8/13/06, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:
> juha wrote:
> > Sometimes there is need to use more space in the "other"
> > direction, which does not affect the panel size. clock for
> > examle needs more space to show dates and weekday names.
> > So, please, do not force the size.
>
> Don't worry, I won't. What I meant is that the panel could be changed to
> only allow the user to choose 'good' sizes like 48, 32, etc. Not
> completely sure we should do this, though.

If the icons are resized to these values (the first value that 'fits',
when the icons are not scalable), then it will still be possible to
resize the panel to the preferred size, and the icons remain 'good'.
And if the icons are scalable, just use current behaviour.

I don't know if this is a good solution. Might be too much overhead
for a feature like this.

>         Jasper

Stephan