Patching xfdesktop to add Thunar Trash icon

Danny Milosavljevic danny.milo at scratchpost.org
Sat Aug 12 14:21:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:10:39 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> On 8/11/2006 2:07 PM, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
[...]
>> What's wrong with putting a file "Trash.desktop" with
>>
>> ------------------------
>> [Desktop Entry]
>> Version=1.0
>> Type=Link
>> URL=trash:
>> Name=idiotic required field
>> Icon=trash
>> ------------------------
>>
>> into "~/Desktop/" ?
>>
>> Or did I miss something?
>>
>> (hmm, probably "trash:" protocol would be erroneously handled by
>> the browser then? not sure)
>
> Because then you can't do useful things like right click on the icon and
> select "Empty Trash".

[Desktop Action Empty Trash]
Exec=thunar-empty-trash %F
Name=Empty Trash
Icon=empty-trash

?

Maybe it's just me, but it's more than enough to have files. No need for
weird in-memory objects nobody is going to find anyway (think moving trash
to the panel or removing the thing from the desktop).

Of course that still leaves the issue of when to determine whether
or not the trash is "empty", although that's of questionable utility
anyway.

cheers,
  Danny