[project-proposal] xfce4ring

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:18:14 CEST 2006

that's not what i meant... i meant that i want to be able to configure
the panel using the "Settings Manager"

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:14:59 +0200
"Stephan Arts" <psybsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/25/06, samuel verstraete <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 5. a panel plugin for the settings manager would be great too
> >
> > On 4/25/06, Stephan Arts <psybsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Currently (xfce 4.0 4.2 and 4.4) uses the xfce-mcs-manager for
> > > configuration purposes.
> > >
> > > Though Xfce 4.4 is still at BETA stage, i would like to start a
> > > discussion about the development of a possible successor of
> > > xfce-mcs-manager.
> > >
> > > Thinks i think we should be able to do with it are:
> > > (Thanks to ElAngelo)
> > >
> > > 1. Support MetaThemes
> > > 2. Support dnd for theme installation
> > > 3. Plugin grouping, ordering plugins by group
> > > 4. Allow writing plugins with scripting-languages like python /
> > > ruby / perl.
> > >
> > > 1) - (Complete theme-packages for wm, gtk, icons and perhaps even
> > > wallpaper)
> > >
> > > 2) - ( ~/.themes is too complicated for most new users)
> > >
> > > 3) - (this way we can make the GUI less cluttered.)
> > >
> > > 4) - (This probably means we cannot use gmodule for it anymore)
> > >
> > > I would like to know what your ideas are about this.
> > >

> That is possible already:
>
> add a launcher executing 'xfce-settings-show'
>
> xfce-settings-show xfwm4                # xfwm4 settings
> xfce-settings-show screensaver       # xscreensaver settings
> xfce-settings-show ui                        # gtk settings
> xfce-settings-show keyboard            # keyboard settings
>
> etc...
>
> Stephan

Research group Soil Spatial Inventory Techniques
Dept. Soil Management and Soil Care
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Ghent University

Department of Soil Management and Soil Care
Coupure Links 653 - Block B
9000 Ghent - Belgium

Telephone +32(0)9 264.60.42
Fax +32(0)9 264.62.47