[project-proposal] xfce4ring

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 12:00:46 CEST 2006

Currently (xfce 4.0 4.2 and 4.4) uses the xfce-mcs-manager for
configuration purposes.

Though Xfce 4.4 is still at BETA stage, i would like to start a
discussion about the development of a possible successor of
xfce-mcs-manager.

Thinks i think we should be able to do with it are:
(Thanks to ElAngelo)

1. Support MetaThemes
2. Support dnd for theme installation
3. Plugin grouping, ordering plugins by group
4. Allow writing plugins with scripting-languages like python / ruby / perl.

1) - (Complete theme-packages for wm, gtk, icons and perhaps even wallpaper)

2) - ( ~/.themes is too complicated for most new users)

3) - (this way we can make the GUI less cluttered.)

4) - (This probably means we cannot use gmodule for it anymore)

I would like to know what your ideas are about this.

Stephan