question to xfce4 4.4 release

Aaron aaronf0 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 22:15:06 CEST 2006

> Aaron wrote:
> > On 4/19/06, Broeisi Rast <broeisito at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> At least he's honest and just admits how he thinks about us... the users.
> >>
> >> Broeisi
> >
> > i admited to how i react to taking shit from a bunch of users. ill
> > respect the devs a bit more, but not much. unlike windows users, i
> > dont just take shit from everyone who feels like piling it on. and i
> > think alot of people here are like that...
>
> I don't mean to be rude, but just how old are you? Us old fogeys have
> learnt that:

a.) dont judge everyone by age. you might have more experience than
me, but how can you be sure i just dont have a bad mouth?

> a. Sometimes "shit" is just good advice delivered badly.

in that case i take it. there is a limit of "shit" i will take though,
no matter how much advice it has.

> b. Writing a shitload of code doesn't make you particularly smart. Users
>   are often better judges of good software than developers.

no, but i respect them for the effort. but not by much, as i respect
their personality much more. but a dev might get that extra 3 seconds
out of me that i wouldnt give to someone else.

> c. Sometimes you just have to take it -- life ain't fair.

true.

> d. Being a "Xfce core developer" hasn't got me laid yet.

add some more "bling bling" to xfce then to pick up the chicks. i dont
judge people on how much they get laid, as its quite easy to slip
someone a few pills where i live.

> Now I suggest you pipe down for a while, think twice before posting and
> try to conserve what little credibility you have left on this list.

i did think twice, and i decided to reply, and ill face the consequences.

> -- b

have a nice day

Aaron Fineman