Xfce 4.4 beta1 released

Carol Spears carol at gimp.org
Thu Apr 20 02:54:08 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 06:27:42PM -0400, Aaron wrote:
> ok, i got a patch for this on irc from dostrow. the ./configure check
> wasnt optional, more like a you suck at life install the software type
> of check, but he said he'll be commiting it soon, so thanks for the
> pointers.

I was building a new kernel and also this beta edition of xfce4.  i
admit, i got some help with the kernel (i used to understand a lot of
the stuff there, things seem to move quickly there though and hardware
is not my thing) when i read this email.  i think i read the wrong thing
in it because i was being frustrated building this beta version of
xfce4.

i read that the whole build of it was designed to tell me that "i suck
at life".  which i already knew.  which might explain the reason i
interpreted it this way.  and this is a newish thought for me, after
several decades of thinking that i was not so bad at life.

all that being said, i had determined that i would not ask for help to
build something like a desktop environment.  kernel, yes.  desktop, no.
and i didn't ask for help with this.

i was not able to build either the net traffic plug-in nor the beta
version of xfdesktop.  that being said, i can get to the thanks part!

i already had a nightly of xfdesktop installed and that worked fine with
the rest of the beta stuff that did install.

btw, this particular email stopped me and made me think for a long
while.  i see there is a lot of traffic since this mail that i have yet
to read.

so anyways, thanks!  i will keep looking for a way that i can help but
it looks like things work fine with xfce4 developers without me actually
doing anything.  if there is something i can do, please let me know.

carol