Panel plugins for 4.4

masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr masse_nicolas at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 19 22:12:34 CEST 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:45:45 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> Benedikt Meurer schreef:
> > I think the time has come to update the goodies to the new panel. I'd
> > like to port some of them (i.e. the CPU graph plugin) to Solaris for
> > Xfce 4.4.0. Jasper has done the work for several plugins already. Now
> > its time to merge that work into trunk.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >

> Yes, this is really needed.
>
> Let me be honest. I have a feeling that several plugins are rather
> unmaintained at the moment. Plugins for which there is no indication
> that they are being ported now, probably will not be ported before the
> release unless someone else does the work.
>
> So we (read: you ;-) can probably start porting the missing plugins,
> unless the maintainer indicates they are working on it.
>
> Does someone have a reasonably up-to-date list of ported plugins?
> Nicolas perhaps?

Here is the list I have, but I didn't verify all that since some time.
Also, it's based on what was said on the mailing list, but as it's written, some of these plugins
wasn't available on berlios last time I checked (make some time now).
I will try to verify and update this list this week. (Starting just now :-) )

UNKNOW
======
 xfce4-trigger-launcher

DONE
====
*Tested
xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin   by Nicolas (myself :-)
xfce4-mount-plugin       by Fabian Nowak
xfdesktop -- menu plugin    by Brian (4)
xfce4-showdesktop-plugin   (4)
xfce4-battery-plugin     by Jasper                        (1) (2)
verve-plugin 0.2.0

*untested
xfce4-xkb-plugin
xfce4-xfapplet-plugin 0.0.1
xfce4-fsguard-plugin
xfce4-clipman-plugin    by Nick Schermer        (5)
xfce4-cpugraph-plugin by Jasper                       (1) (2)
xfce4-diskperf-plugin   by Jasper                        (1) (2)
xfce4-genmon-plugin   by Jasper                        (1) (2)
xfce4-i8k-plugin             by Antonio Musumeci  (3)
xfce4-megahertz-plugin  by  Wit Wilinski           (3)
xfce4-minicmd-plugin  by Ori Bernstein           (2) (3)
xfce4-mixer                    by Danny / Ori                (4)
xfce4-netload-plugin    by Jasper                        (1) (2)
xfce4-sensors-plugin
xfce4-taskbar-plugin (integrated in the panel)
xfce4-websearch-plugin  by Piotr Wolny
xfce4-windowlist-plugin (marked as not needed)
xfce4-xmms-plugin
xfce4-timer-plugin
xfce4-mailwatch-plugin      by Brian an Jasper (4)
xfce4-modemlights-plugin 0.1.2

(1) can be found at  http://www.xfce.org/~jasper/plugins/
(2) unofficial
(3) Some said they did, but I found nothing in berlios svn (in trunk) like it should be
(4) Are part of the Xfce SVN
(5) available at http://foo-projects.org/~nick/plugins/ (will probably replace the original)

NOT DONE:
=======
xfce4-datetime-plugin (will be replaced by orage)
xfce4-notes-plugin
xfce4-screenshooter-plugin
xfce4-systemload-plugin
xfce4-wavelan-plugin