xarchiver status?

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 22:48:19 CEST 2006

On 4/17/06, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'd like to have a working xarchiver which integrates with the thunar
> plugin. Having tested the latter with file-roller I think it is a very
> nice feature. I'd like to ask the xarchiver devels to let me know which
> is the most stable release so far which could be used with the addition
> of the required command line switches. It seems development is
> progressing on xarchiver but it looks more like a rewrite than
> stabilization ;) 0.3.1 is what's currently in debian/ubuntu and on the
> roadmap (which may no longer be valid) for 0.4 there was command line
> switch handling.

The first following release, (which should be 0.4.0) will have
command-line switches.

I or Giuseppe will send a mail to the mailing-list to notify anyone
interested when the command-line switches are implemented. We had a
little fall-back in development, but when we solved the timing issues
we should have done most of the hard work.

We were hoping to get a working copy in svn last friday, but this will
take some more time. Sorry for the inconvenience.