Summer of Code

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Sat Apr 15 20:40:59 CEST 2006

Moritz Heiber wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:00:03 +0200
> Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
>
>> Right now you can only donate to Thunar. Jasper/Auke wanted to setup a
>> donate button for Xfce, dunno what happened to the idea.
>
> We agreed upon the following during the Xfce dev meeting at FOSDEM
> last year:
>
> Auke wanted to setup foo-projects.org as a non-profit organisation that
> would act as a donation proxy in between its hosted projects and the
> donators.
>
> Unfortunately, due to Auke's personal life taking over for a
> while the idea has been put on hold. I guess, now that he has pretty
> much settled we could tickle him about it again .. ;-)

I'd be happy to take this up again but it would be nice if I can say 'pass'
for once too. Alternatively I open up a generic paypal account and maintain it
  - since I have both eurpean and us bank accounts I can move money around
relatively easy for this purpose (I can accept US cheques and IBAN transfers(EU)).

Let me know if this is sufficient. I remember we were talking about setting up
a full non-profit org. in the NL but not being there anymore makes it rather
impossible.

Auke