Aw: Re: Default settings for 4.4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Apr 10 21:40:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

What about something along these lines:

- Keep the taskbar on top. Add the xfce menu for convenience, keep the
systar on the right and add the show desktop in the corner.
- Keep a smaller panel at the bottom with a few launchers, the pager,
the clock and the quit button.

This way, we stay close to the original xfce layout (as found in 4.0 and
4.2 while still taking advantage of the new panel functionalities.

Screenshot here [1] - Don't pay attention to the windows decorations
seen in this screenshot.

PS: I was able to crash the panel a couple of times by moving the
launcher items from a panel to another. It's not 100% reproducible, but
such a crash is a major issue IMHO. If I can reproduce the crash from
GDB, I'll post a bug.

[1] http://www.xfce.org/~olivier/misc/xfce4-layout-proposal.png

Cheers,
Olivier.