Aw: Re: Default settings for 4.4

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Sun Apr 9 19:41:11 CEST 2006

Ori Bernstein wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 12:37:06 -0400, Aaron <aaronf0 at gmail.com> said:
>
>> i think if we keep this up, theres not going to be much on the panel.
>
> And that's a bad thing?
>
> There's a reason the "add launcher" button exists, you know.

hehe

okay lets sprinkle some oil on the fire, here is what I have:

one panel only:

terminal launcher
file manager launcher
task list
show desktop button
lock button
pager
volume plugin
systray plugin (with orage running in it by default!)
clock

if you remove the task list it looks very empty - so I keep it in there (it
looks okay on 1024x and 1400x). A lot of panel space is of course taken up by
the tasklist and pager, but those are really the foundation of desktop
management. Having orage and clock next to each other makes a lot of sense,
but I could live without orage running by default, but not without the system
tray.

all in all this is not that far from the current default, which makes it
really easy to setup from a default install too - which is why I usually keep
it like this.

and no - no browser or other "custom" app launchers - even xfprint. I really
don't see a place for them in the default - printing is so old-fashioned ;^)

Auke