Aw: Re: Default settings for 4.4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Apr 9 13:54:03 CEST 2006

Hi

In my very humble opinion, I think the goal is not to provide a default
settings that would please all users, but provide something more user
friendly than just an empty panel featuring a launcher that launch nothing.

The Xfce menu would be solve the problem of making the install apps
available to users without the hassle of "guessing" what is actually
installed on the system.

As for the rest, it's mostly to decide how many panels we set by
default, where we put the taskbar/menu and a very few launcher (like the
terminal and firefox at least).

A bit like what we did for the previous xfce release, nothing more.

Cheers,
Olivier.