dev-tools license

Gauvain Pocentek gauvainpocentek at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 4 21:48:25 CEST 2006

Auke Kok a écrit :
> On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:20:10 +0200, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
>

>> It's GPL.
>>

> to elaborate - even though GPL applies to the software the original author(s) retain full copyright on the software. This is normal and done for almost all OSS software, just look at other projects (kernel components, cups, etc etc).
>
> Of course, it should really be 'all rights reserved' - the missing 's' is a typo.
>
> Read the obvious GPL COPYING file to see the usual header adviced to insert in every source file.

Thanks for the details Auke.

All the other Xfce components include in each source file the header
recommended by the FSF (the 3 paragraphs with the GPL version used, the
FSF address...). This header isn't present in the dev-tools tarball,
that's why I asked for details (even if I was almost sure of the answer).

A last question: is it GPL v2, or GPL v2 or later?

Regards,
Gauvain