dev-tools license

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Apr 4 20:49:21 CEST 2006

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:20:10 +0200, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Gauvain Pocentek wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I'm preparing an ubuntu package for xfce4-dev-tools, and I have a little
>> issue with the license.
>> The GPL text is in the COPYRIGHT file, but all the source headers say
>> "all right reserved".
>> Is it possible to make this clearer?
>
> It's GPL.

to elaborate - even though GPL applies to the software the original author(s) retain full copyright on the software. This is normal and done for almost all OSS software, just look at other projects (kernel components, cups, etc etc).

Of course, it should really be 'all rights reserved' - the missing 's' is a typo.

Read the obvious GPL COPYING file to see the usual header adviced to insert in every source file.

Auke