[patch] Re: mcs-manager dialog too wide

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 16:02:44 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:13:39PM +0900, Daichi Kawahata wrote:
> in English. How about using this attached patch anyway
> (it's recommended distinguish the strings in desktop file),

The patch seems nice if we are willing to go back to what I suggested on the
original post in this thread, which is allowing translators to insert newlines
when they believe it's adequate. Anyway, we would still need the label to be
justified center, otherwise translators would have to guess, by trial and error,
how much white space should be inserted after the newline so that it looks
centered. Of course this guess would be suboptimal, since it depends on the font
settings. In resume, it would be a real "hack", but this time in the PO files ;)

A quick glance at the xfce-mcs-manager plugins suggests that at least the
following other plugins would need context translation, i.e. the plugin's label
text is used also somewhere else:

Desktop
Mouse
Sound