New panel in trunk

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Wed Sep 28 11:26:38 CEST 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:20:34 +0200
Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> >   When I change the panel layout vertical from horizontal,
> >   launcher icon keeps their former size, as I enabled clock,
> >   panel width in vertical layout gets more wider. Is icon
> >   auto-resize possible?
>
> Possible, I guess. Not sure if it's practical or even desirable.

Please have a look at the attached images, as I am right handed,
vertical layout panel in the right side of screen prevents my
stiff shoulders also as I/we have vertical reading custom, well
designed vertical layout makes me/us happy.

> >   Similar the above, also I have tasklist working in horizontal
> >   layout, however it gets too large height when I switched it
> >   vertical, it's glad if height of each tasks are contracted.
>
> The tasklist is a pile of **** ;-) Especially in vertical mode.

Hmm, okay.

> > PS. How about attached patch?
>
> Well, actually, I just removed that file, thanks for pointing me
> to it. There is no central customization dialog anymore, so it
> didn't make sense to keep it.

I see.

> On a related note, I merged back the old panel translations (I
> thought I already had...). Most of the translations will be unused,
> but a few may still be useful. Maybe you want to have a look, to
> see if I didn't screw anything up.

You can migrate them, then I'll modify later if you don't care
scattered package name/version in your initial!? import, please
include attached PO file.

Regards,
--
Daichi