New panel in trunk

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Sep 28 10:20:34 CEST 2005

Daichi Kawahata schreef:

> That's great improvement (I've been using it since its first
> appearance), it works as advanced taskbar for the present though.

Indeed, and thanks ;-)

> Then some trivial things I noticed are that,
>
>   When I change the panel layout vertical from horizontal, launcher
>   icon keeps their former size, as I enabled clock, panel width in
>   vertical layout gets more wider. Is icon auto-resize possible?

Possible, I guess. Not sure if it's practical or even desirable.

The tasklist is a pile of **** ;-) Especially in vertical mode.

>   Changes at Name and Description fields in launcher won't affect,
>   it's simply discarded, in other words, first written values keep
>   as-is.

Oops. Sounds like a bug. I'll have a look.

> Other that that, it works well on IRIX without any crash, thanks.

Good to know ;)

> PS. How about attached patch?

Well, actually, I just removed that file, thanks for pointing me to it.
There is no central customization dialog anymore, so it didn't make
sense to keep it.

On a related note, I merged back the old panel translations (I thought I
already had...). Most of the translations will be unused, but a few may
stil be useful. Maybe you want to have a look, to see if I didn't screw
anything up.

Thanks,
	Jasper