Porting panel plugins for 4.4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Sep 28 08:24:11 CEST 2005

Hi all,

The new panel framework for 4.4 is now in SVN trunk. All plugins will
have to be ported, but this should not be too difficult.

To get started, read the README.Plugins from the panel toplevel source
dir and have a look at the API docs on
http://xfce.loculus.nl/documentation/API/ .

The mailwatch plugin has been ported (still in
xfce4-mailwatch-plugin/branches/experimental) and the new panel contains
a testplugin that could be used as an example.

I'd like to start working on the ports as soon as possible. I can do the
porting myself, or help you out.

Things I plan to do during the porting:
- Copy current code to a branch (xfce_4_2)
- Port trunk to new API (obviously ;)
- Use xfce4-dev-tools and remove generated files
- Bump the version number.

Here is a list of all plugins, as far as I know (tell me if I missed
any). Please, if you're the maintainer of a plugin, reply to this mail
and tell me if you want to do the porting yourself, or you'd like me to
handle it.

1  xfce4-battery-plugin -- actually, I have already done the porting
			   for this one.
2  xfce4-clipman-plugin
3  xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
4  xfce4-datetime-plugin