Xfmedia segfaults

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Tue Sep 13 08:10:08 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 21:56 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> > Not really.  It's a known problem, but I have no idea what's causing it.
> >  GTK 2.8 seems to be the common thread.  It *doesn't* crash on my
> > machine with 2.8, however.  I thought I was on to something last night
> > when someone told me they compiled with gcc 3.3 (I use 3.4), but now you
> > say it happens with 4.0 as well... There goes that theory.  If you can
> > get a gdb backtrace[1], that might be useful, but it's probably similar
> > to what I've already seen.
>
> Update:  For the hell of it, I installed the clearlooks theme in my gtk
> 2.8 sandbox, and I got xfmedia to crash.  I'm not saying I'll be able to
> fix it -- or if it's even my bug at all -- but at least I can reproduce it.
>
> 	-b

Ah, I see. I was using a clearlooks theme myself... hmmm, but switching
to the default "xfce" gtk theme did not change things. As soon as my
currently running dist-upgrade finishes I'll need to reboot (new kernel,
again) so I'll let you know if the behaviour changes.

Thanks for your help Brian =)

Myles

--
Robert M. Green :: Calgary AB Canada
Ubuntu GNU/Linux Unstable "Breezy Badger"