Default handlers for protocols (http, mailto etc.)

Jonas Geiregat yux at sdf-eu.org
Sun Sep 11 13:13:02 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>For now, this is only possible in Terminal (limited to web and mail).
>The idea is to move the helper framework to one of the Xfce core
>libraries at some time, so other applications (e.g. the xfce-utils and
>Thunar) can make use of this as well.

Currently most of the configuration settings are kept in ~/.config/xfce4
except for xfce4-session. Most of these config files are using xml. What
if we designed a helper framework (by that I read framework where you
can save settings) using xml. Here we can have a daemon running in the
back (like gconf) or just make a library that writes/reads those xml
files, problem would be file locks.