xfdesktop has minimised app icons now!

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Sep 9 17:18:29 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone schreef:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I took a stab at implementing CDEish minimised app icons on the
>>desktop.
>
> [snip]
>
> Yo...  I did a huge amount of hacking on it tonight, and I consider it
> functionally-complete.  That is, it should handle all the stuff you'd
> expect it to handle - window creation/destruction, workspace
> creation/destruction, moving windows between workspaces, etc.

Yo, dude, that's pretty cool stuff ;-)

> The features that are missing are:
>
> * handling screen size changes (via xrandr)
> * handling gtk theme/font changes
> * handling windows that change their title while minimised
> * tooltips for full names
> * DnD to move the icons around
> * runtime option to turn them off
> * not placing icons where there are struts (not sure how to do this)

_NET_WORKAREA

> So, functionality-wise, feel free to file "real" bugs, because I expect
> it to work properly now.  Also feel free to suggest other features,
> though I of course reserve the right to not implement them.

* layout preference:
   - topleft, vertical
   - topright, vertical
   - topleft, horizontal
   - bottomleft, horizontal

Not sure about other directions. Maybe locale-dependend ;-)

* size? they're pretty big now... Maybe that's a good thing, though.

* animations? nah, just kidding ;-)

Seems to work well. A lot better than yesterday :-)

	Jasper