XDG menu standard implementation in XFCE.

Raul Suarez suarez2018 at rogers.com
Sat Oct 22 05:56:25 CEST 2005

I hope this is the right mailing list for these
questions:

I've been looking through the code and couldn't find
an answer. I have been looking at the xfdesktop-4.2.2
source.

1. How does xfce decides which xdg root menu to use
when the <include type="system" style="simple"
unique="true" /> tag is used?
e.g. /etc/xdg/menus/xfce4.menu or
/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu
I've already followed the path
dmp_popup
  xfce_desktop_menu_force_regen
    _generate_menu
      desktop_menu_file_parse
        desktop_menu_file_parse
          desktop_menu_dentry_parse_files

and the trail goes cold. I cannot find where you get
the xdg menu file or where you parse it.

2. Is there detailed documentation of the xfce menu
(structure/handling)?

3. Does the xfce implementation of XDG supports the
<Layout> and <DefaultLayout> tags?
When I use them the menu does not show as if it the
file was malformed. The XDG specification indicates
that if not handled they can be ignored.

Thank you,