Panel on SVN does not seem to be working with multihead 100%

Joao Pedrosa joaopedrosa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:30:42 CEST 2005

Hi guys,

I'm new around here and I'm new on using XFce, but I like what I see, both
in the community and in the current state of XFce.

I've been using Ubuntu for over a year, and since then, GNOME has been my
main desktop, but I like the proposed lightweightness of XFce, which could
come in handy.

For two days I've been messing around with XFce from SVN and now I've
learned a little bit about it already. I've even created a little script to
install it on Ubuntu, and I'm sharing it with you, but please use it to
learn from it only, don't try to use it in a production machine. :-)

Now about my problem. :-)

The new panel is great and seems good enough for me to use it already. But
on my main machine I have two monitors that I use in dual-head. I've been
using dual-head for as long as I have used Ubuntu. The only big issue with
XFce for me is that the new panel does not reappear on the right screen when
the session is restarted, even though it behaves as if it was in the right
screen.

I know the code is still evolving. I can wait for the final version. So take
this as an incentive to think about the multihead issue of the new panel.
:-)

Great job guys.

Cheers,
Joao Pedrosa