Customize Panels dialog (Was: Re: panel item remove confirmation)

Ori Bernstein rand_chars at rogers.com
Thu Oct 20 17:04:45 CEST 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:15:00 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> said:

> Alright, what do you think about these screenshots:
>
> http://xfce.loculus.nl/files/customize-panel-1.png

Hm, it would probably be nice to have an "add" button on this dialog, since DND
is good, but a bit on the undiscoverable side. I can easily imagine a user
sitting there and scratching their head, thinking "where's the button to add
this"?

> http://xfce.loculus.nl/files/customize-panel-2.png
>
> The second tab looks cluttered, so I'm open for suggestions. The first
> tab still has a treeview, but could easily be changed to something more
> like the firefox dialog, with icons in a grid.

I don't think the "select panel" bit is really needed, although I'm not sure
what you'd do for "new/delete". an interesting idea would be having a "panel"
type panel item, which you'd drag out of the "panel items" box.

That might get a bit weird, though.

I'm also not so sure that the "handle style" is a useful option. And again, it
might make a good candidate as a plugin for the panel, similar to a separator

> In this case the right-click menu can be reduced to two items:
>
>    <plugin name> Properties
>    Customize Panel
>
> I do like that ;-)

Yes, that would be good =)