Customize Panels dialog (Was: Re: panel item remove confirmation)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Oct 20 15:15:00 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone schreef:

> On 10/18/2005 11:11 AM, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
>>Brian J. Tarricone schreef:
>>

>>>Definitely agree that Properties can go away.  Perhaps move the
>>>properties dialog to another tab in the new Customize window?  I'm not a
>>>huge fan of tab notebooks, but I think it would work well here.
>>
>>You are aware that is what I made inially, aren't you? ;-)
>

> No, I wasn't... you probably did that (and removed it) during the flurry
> of work you did while I was in China, when I couldn't look at it.  Oh
> well.  It was a good idea then, and it still is now ^_^.

Alright, what do you think about these screenshots:

http://xfce.loculus.nl/files/customize-panel-1.png

http://xfce.loculus.nl/files/customize-panel-2.png

The second tab looks cluttered, so I'm open for suggestions. The first
tab still has a treeview, but could easily be changed to something more
like the firefox dialog, with icons in a grid.

In this case the right-click menu can be reduced to two items:

   <plugin name> Properties
   Customize Panel

I do like that ;-)

This thread isn't ready to die just yet...

	Jasper