missing taskbar fallage

Carol Spears carol at gimp.org
Wed Oct 19 23:10:13 CEST 2005

i just had something very very funny happen.

i have deleted my taskbar and was missing it today.  i thought i would
see what the gui can do and i tried to dnd from the panel manager to
where the task bar used to be.

it failed.  of course it failed, even as i tried to accomplish this it
made no sense to me and i might have been disappointed if it had worked.

so much for play, i got back to the tasks i had wanted to see in the
taskbar -- i was answering email.  probably between two and three
minutes later, after attempting to dnd from the panel manager a little
icon tumbled down from the heavens of my desktop.  not unlike a message
from god or a little piece of dandruff.

all in all, that was a lot more fun than i expected.  was that behavior
planned or is it just fallout from well behaving ideas?

any hints on how to put the taskbar back now?

thanks, this sure is being fun.

carol