Problem with BMPx

milosz derezynski internalerror at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:01:19 CEST 2005

Yes in the example app from the rafb.net <http://rafb.net> paste it's wrong,
but did you bother to try this here at all:

gtk_widget_set_size_request (window, BASE_WIDTH + 3 * BASE_X_INC,
BASE_HEIGHT + 5 * BASE_Y_INC )

This is within Olivier's "formula"

>width = base_width + (i × width_inc)
>height = base_height + (j × height_inc)

and it still shrinks (vertically at least), so what the f**k is going on?!
Sorry, i'm just not getting it..

And also, while this is true in the example app (i just didn't look close
enough), you (all, to say it directly)
are missing the point: It's true that it MIGHT be that setting the values
like this, but XFWMs behaviour in this
case shouldn't be that it shrinks the window. Ever heard of the term
"failing gracefully"? It's not our app that shrinks,
it's XFWM4 that keeps pushing events at it and forces it to shrink.

IMO it should rather try to resize the window to it's minimal width. This
works on other WMs, so why not on XFMW4? Why does
XFWM4 shrink the window so badly instead of just clamping it up or down to
the size