New panel and xfce menu

Wei-Tsun Sun knightw at world-net.co.nz
Sat Oct 15 06:12:27 CEST 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:16:33 +0900
Daichi Kawahata <daichi at xfce.org> wrote:

> >From ${sysconfdir}/xdg/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml:
>
>     <!--
>       The next line includes the autogenerated menu at the
>       current level.  If you want, you can put this in its
>       own submenu.
>     -->
>     <include type="system" style="simple" unique="true"/>
>
>     <!--
>       Uncomment the following line (and comment the above) if
>       you would rather include a separate menu file instead of
>       using the autogenerated menu.
>     -->
>     <!-- <include type="file" src="menu2.xml"/> -->
>
> if Debian offers their customized file, try to edit
> `${HOME}/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml' via xfce4-menueditor.

I just realized that the Debian menu is an external menu which can
be added by using the menueditor. I tried to customize the menu.xml, and
added an "external menu" from "file", which is the same file I uploaded to

http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~knightw/xfce4-trunk/menudefs.hook

This file is generated by debian menu system. However this part has never
shown up in the menu. Just wondering if any one can supply their customized
menu file example, which has an external added?

Regards,

Willie