New panel and xfce menu

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Fri Oct 14 11:16:33 CEST 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:15:33 +0000
Wei-Tsun Sun wrote:

> Debian menu is gone, but I can find all of the programs (both
> the system apps and locally install ones). That means I have
> to go to `others menu` to find `kcontrol` to config behaviors
> of KDE-related programs.

I'm not sure where the Debian menu comes from, but in default,
auto-generated menu will be such simple menu you see,

>From ${sysconfdir}/xdg/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml:

    <!--
      The next line includes the autogenerated menu at the
      current level.  If you want, you can put this in its
      own submenu.
    -->
    <include type="system" style="simple" unique="true"/>

    <!--
      Uncomment the following line (and comment the above) if
      you would rather include a separate menu file instead of
      using the autogenerated menu.
    -->
    <!-- <include type="file" src="menu2.xml"/> -->

if Debian offers their customized file, try to edit
`${HOME}/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml' via xfce4-menueditor.

PS. If you want localized menu in zh_TW.BIG5, simply remove
that menu.xml file in zh_TW.BIG5 locale.

Regards,
--
Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm