Swedish translation

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 5 22:32:19 CEST 2005

Please don't reply to me directly.  The list is there for a reason.
Anyway...

On 10/5/2005 1:22 PM, Alexander Toresson wrote:
> On 10/5/05, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

>>>I've tried following these instructions, but when I do svn checkout
>>>http://svn.foo-projects.org/svn/xfce/modules/4.2-po, I do not get a
>>>single makefile, so it's plain impossible to run make update-po -- are
>>>these instructions out-dated? Meanwhile I've begun to edit the sv.po
>>>files anyway.
>>
>>If you want to update the pot file, you'll need to download the full
>>sources.  The po modules in SVN are there just for people to pull the
>>translation files, and only the translation files.
>
> Well, but then there should be info about that in that file, something
> like "to update the pot file, you have to get the full sources" and it
> should say that that step is optional. Also, it should tell what a pot
> file is.

There's a translation guide floating around somewhere, probably linked
from the website.  If it's not already in there, please, do submit a
patch with the requested information.

> Anyway, a few other questions that has arisen after translating a few things:
> * What's the definition of fuzzy? Does it mean that it's an incomplete
> translation or that the translation ain't 100% accurate?

It can mean a couple things.

1.  The previous translator wasn't sure about the translation, and
marked it fuzzy for himself to come back to later.

2.  The original English text in the source file changed slightly, and
'make update-po' marked the translation fuzzy to remind the translator
to check the original again to see if the translation needs to be modified.

> * Sometimes a string begins with /, for example msgstr
> "/_Egenskaper...". I've seen this both in the msgid's and the
> msgstr's. What does it mean?

It's probably a menu path specification that's fed to GtkIconFactory.
You should maintain the slash as it is.  The source file where this
appears is clearly marked in the .po file; you could have taken a look
to try to figure it out.

	-brian