New panel on dual screens and productivity

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Sat Oct 1 23:40:20 CEST 2005

Hi

I installed the new panel some days ago and i must say : wow ! (good job
jasper) but it's far from ready for multihead usage : taskbar is the
same for the two screens and you can't add the pager (which is the same
too when you force it) and the most annoying thing the popup menu only
appears on the screen where you started the panel...

I attached a patch to allow multiple instances of the pager (which seems
to work fine, why this restriction ?) and fix the popup menu issue. I'm
not too familiar with the new panel code (i haven't finished to read all
the mails about it yet) so i hope i did it the right way.

As some of you probably have seen i'm not as present and productive as i
would like to be; it's mainly due to the new academic year and its load
of work (and this one is a fucking big one); i hope i'll have time to
improve xfprint, the menueditor and to help jasper fixing the panel on
multihead.

Cheers
--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>