Hebrew/RTL documents in Xfce 4.2 (Was Re: 4.2.3)

Dotan Kamber kamberd at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 15:21:54 CEST 2005

Don't waste you time on the DocBook files.

--- Daichi Kawahata <daichi at xfce.org> wrote:

> CSS, does
> system installed CSS file
> (`/usr/share/xfce4/doc/xfce-rtl.css',
> from `xfce-utils/doc/xfce-rtl.css') resolve your
> problem?

The DocBook format is broken concidering it does not
support the lrm tag.
No CSS can fix it.
I'll contact the DocBook guys when I'll have the time
but meanwhile please ignore this format in regard to
RTL languages.

>   <!-- Use stylesheet -->
>   <xsl:param name="html.stylesheet"
> select="'../xfce-rtl.css'"/>
>   [...]

The xfce-rtl.css is a small modofication of the
xfce.css that gives proper html RTL directionality

> PS. Dotan, having said that, please give me your
> HTML and image
> files without XML files, for the workaround, these
> XML file can
> be removed from Makefile.am, also could you rename
> image name
> from `xfprint_xx_he.png' to `xfprint_xx.png' in
> 'xfprint/branches/
> xfce_4_2/doc/he/xfprint.html'? you don't have to add
> language
> code for the images.

Removed on the files I sent you.

Regards