mcs replaced in 4.6?

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Nov 22 18:11:41 CET 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>>Quoting Brian's blog
>>>
>>>'MCS should not be used for "normal" applications, and is expected to be
>>>replaced in Xfce 4.6 anyway'
>>>
>>>what is it expected to be replaced with?
>
> Something else.  Seriously, who knows?  If Uniconf works out and makes
> sense, maybe that.  Or that other one that that annoying guy on xdg at fd.o
> keeps posting about.  Or maybe we'll write our own if those aren't suitable.

Actually, it looks like "this annoying guy" (hint: P.v.H.) lost interest
in bugging the people on xdg-list to adopt his "d-conf". In addition,
traffic on the d-conf mailinglist for the last 3 months was less than
10KB. And even worse, the best hit on google for "d-conf" is my PvH
rant. So to say, d-conf looks a bit dead.

But hey, we still have that xprefs experiment around, maybe something
for 4.6. ;-)

> 	-brian

Benedikt