finding mimetype of file

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 20:43:26 CET 2005

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 14:16 +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>
>>(4) gnome-vfs (which uses xdgmime with some extra magic)
>

> Well, if it's an application intended to be part of Xfce, I don't think
> it's not a good idea to make it depend on a gnome lib, whatever it may
> be.

Yes, I specifically didn't mention g-vfs as I don't want to depend on
most gnome libs it brings in. So what I gather there's no single
preferred lib for mimehandling in xfce as gnome-vfs is in gnome.
I'll see which of thunar's or xfce4gui's is best for my use and whether
thei're better than libmagic.

thanks
Jani