windows below panel

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Nov 9 18:37:42 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 10:08 +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
> Well in kde/gnome and mswin I never could accidentally drag a window
> under the taskbar/panel, while in xfce this can happen.

That's not true. The WM will prevent you from moving a window completely
off screen or so that it becomes unreachable beyond struts.

What you describe is the behavior of the panel in 4.0, where it was not
using struts because it was freely movable (by definition, struts can't
be used with freely movable windows).

You can try, in Xfce 4.2, move a window under the panel, it won't
disappear beyond the panel because the WM will prevent it.

- Olivier.