[ANNOUNCE] Xfce 18.104.22.168 released
fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Nov 8 23:07:12 CET 2005
The Xfce development team is glad to announce Xfce 22.214.171.124, a
and bug fix release of Xfce 4.2 (current latest stable branch of Xfce).
As usual, source and binary packages are available from Sourceforge.net,
Xfce.org and all the usual mirrors.
Summary of changes between Xfce 4.2.2 and 126.96.36.199:
* New languages (in ISO 639 language code order): Afrikaans (af),
Armenian (hy), Slovenian (sl).
* New documentation: Hebrew (he).
* Updated languages (in ISO 639 language code order): Belorussian
Catalan (ca), German (de), Greek (el), Esperanto (eo), Basque
Finnish (fi), Hebrew (he), Hungarian (hu), Italian (it), Japanese
Korean (ko), Lithuanian (lt), Dutch (nl), Polish (pl),
Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR), Romanian (ro), Swedish (sv),
Traditional Chinese (zh_TW).
* Corrected a misspelling (bug #1164).
* Add gui-enum-types to make pyxfce enums work nicer.
* Fix leak in xfce icon theme (opendir handle not closed sometimes,
using up all available file descriptors for the process).
* Make apps startup on correct workspace.
* Properly run command with arguments in terminal.
* Make dialog windows appears on the correct screen.
* Memory leak fix.
* Ellipsize text in taskbar buttons with gtk+ 2.6 and later
gtk+ 2.8, fixes bug #1099, #1124, #1131, #1210).
* Fix file descriptor leak in xfceicontheme (bug #1082).
* Remove button insensitivity after click, since it doesn't play
with newer gtk+.
* Don't crash if the MCS plugin is unable to store the settings, a
warning telling whats wrong will be emitted by libxfce4util (bug
* menueditor: allow right clicking on separators to delete them (fix
* backdrop: if the currently-active backdrop is removed from the
list, reload a new backdrop after saving the new list (bug #929).
* backdrop: fix problem where systemwide mcs_settings/desktop.xml
used (bug #1108).
* Fix the ownership problem with smbfs mounts.
* Fix a bug with the remember command remembering full path and not
* Fix visual confirmation of permissions changes on files (bug
* Fix compilation error when configured with --disable-smb (bug
* Fix for the debian smb mount problem (wasn't really debian but
* Get the cups server from the cups config (bug #918).
* Add support for CUPS instances (bug #1096).
* Fix frame corners not being properly updated in some case.
* Fix startup notification properties not being applied.
* Fix theme list not being updated (bug #1024).
* Don't unset the maximize flag unless the actual window size has
(fix bug #1129).
* Don't follow NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP event if specified value is out
range. This fixes issues with KDE systray apps (bug #1140).
* Be smarter when showing/hiding sidewalk windows, that greatly
panel autohide feature.
* Check for version 0.2 instead of 1.0 for xcomposite extension as
suggested by bcowan at gentoo.org (bug #1177).
* Backport compositor fix from SVN trunk.
* Check if the requested workspace is within the current limits
* Make the WM more permissive with above/below states for
fixes issues with a few KDE apps (bug #1207).
The Xfce development team.
More information about the Xfce4-dev