Xffm and Samba 3.014a and Japanese

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Wed May 25 16:48:53 CEST 2005

El mié, 25-05-2005 a las 21:09 +0900, Daichi Kawahata escribió:

> It comes from like this (wasn't nothing to EUC-JP, UTF-8 and reproducible
> either) on 4.3.1.92,
>
>     $ xffm
>     base_dirs:
>             /usr/people/dick/.icons
>             /usr/local/share/icons
>     theme_list:
>             Rodent
>             gnome
>             hicolor
>     xffm: signal 11 received. Cleaning up before exiting
>     xffm: logfile = /usr/people/dick/.cache/xfce4/xffm/xffm_error.log
>     xffm: dumping core at= /usr/people/dick/.cache/xfce4/xffm
>     xffm: signal 11 received. Cleaning up before exiting
>     xffm: logfile = /usr/people/dick/.cache/xfce4/xffm/xffm_error.log
>     xffm: dumping core at= /usr/people/dick/.cache/xfce4/xffm
>
> note that my ~/.icons directory stores SGI image data (RLE) for 4Dwm
> (default IRIX's window manager) as follows,
>
>     % ls ~/.icons
>     Blender.icon IWsh.icon Realsoft3D.icon Sylpheed.icon ...
>
> and I've noticed some icons turn the skull & crossbones as attached
> images, trace log is still useless as well,

Those icons were apparently were not being installed by the
xfce4-icon-theme package. I've fixed that now, so you have to update
xfce4-icon-theme and reinstall. If you notice any other skull &
crossbones instead of icons, let me know to make sure the icons are
present.

>     (gdb) bt full
>     #0  0x0fa57e98 in _prctl () at /xlv46/6.5.22m/work/irix/lib/...
>     No locals.
>     #1  0x0c06f974 in pthread_kill () at sig.c:149
>     No locals.
>     #2  0x0c070988 in _SGIPT_libc_raise () at sig.c:660
>     No locals.
>     #3  0x0fade6c4 in _raise () at raise.c:26
>     No locals.
>     #4  0x0fa7c038 in abort () at abort.c:52
>     No locals.
>     #5  0x100053b8 in finishit (sig=263532792) at main.c:83
>             green = 0
>             __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ = "finishit"
>     #6  0x0c070260 in _SGIPT_libc_sigaction () from /usr/lib32/libpthread.so
>     No locals.
>     Cannot access memory at address 0xfffffffe
>
> do you think there's an another factor other than xffm ?

The problem could still be a plugin. Possibly the new "slocate" plugin.
Please update to current svn (so that compilation will not fail) and run
configure with "--enable-debug=full" and rebuild to get full output to
crash point. The output will be almost as usefull as a traceback.

> > > Also it might not be related encoding issue, when I re-sized & exited &
> > > restarted xfce4-fm, it doesn't show icons at home directly, seems to
> > > cause hang or the like. It's difficult to explain, but when I moved
> > > to another directory from the home, it shows icons ordinary ...
> >
> > Try this again with 4.3.1.92. Several things have changed recently with
> > respect to restoring the iconview geometry according to the selected
> > directory, maybe the problem is fixed. If problem remains, then the irix
> > gtk is working differently and we must force an expose event callback.
> > Does the problem happen with all directories where you have specifically
> > resized the window?
>
> Now it appears ordinary, thanks. One thing I've noticed is that following
> messages continue to be emitted,
>
> DBG[gridview-monitor.i:29] gridview_monitor(): load_time (3) for \
>  /usr/people/dick takes too long for automatic monitor...
> DBG[gridview-monitor.i:29] gridview_monitor(): load_time (3) for \
>  /usr/people/dick takes too long for automatic monitor...
> DBG[gridview-monitor.i:29] gridview_monitor(): load_time (3) for \
>  /usr/people/dick takes too long for automatic monitor...
> DBG[gridview-monitor.i:29] gridview_monitor(): load_time (3) for \
>  /usr/people/dick takes too long for automatic monitor...
> DBG[gridview-monitor.i:29] gridview_monitor(): load_time (3) for \
>  /usr/people/dick takes too long for automatic monitor...
>
> on my home (or some) directory displaying.

Yes. That debug message should probably only be emitted once each time
the directory is reloaded. But since the load time may change if user
presses "refresh", the check must be done at each pass of the monitor.
No message will appear in non-debug version of xffm.

regards,

Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>