Run dialog enhancement

Shuveb Hussain shuveb at gmail.com
Sun May 15 19:09:13 CEST 2005

> I haven't really looked at it yet, but as long as 1) it doesn't increase
> startup time, and 2) only takes a performance hit if you hit tab, it's
> fine by me.

What I am doing is loading the list at startup. If you want load it
during the tab keypress event, I can send a patch that does that. The
first time it loads, it takes a while. subsequent loads are much
faster, but that depends on the OS cache, if the disk cache changes a
lot due to other disk activity, it does become slower.

Even still, if you do not want to load the list at startup time, will
it be ok to have a "Load executabes list at startup" checkbox?

Please comment after testing.

--shuveb