Run Dialog Enhancements

Sami Samhuri sami at no-eff-eks.com
Fri May 13 06:13:44 CEST 2005

* On Fri May-13-2005 at 12:41:38 AM +0530, Shuveb Hussain said:
> Hi,
>
> I was playing around with the xfrun.c code. I have added 2 things and
> almost done:
>
> 1. Close dialog on pressing the Esc key.

Using Xfce 4.2.1 here and this is already the case. What version of GTK
are you running? Here I'm running 2.6.4.

> 2. Get a list of executables from the PATH environment variable and
> complete on user hitting the TAB key.
>
> For point no.2 I have borrowed some code from GNOME run dialog and
> simplified it. Does anyone care about these features? Should I post a
> patch?

I would love to see this patch. About 5 minutes ago when I tried to run
'gvim ~/foo/bar' to create a file I couldn't save it since it doesn't
translate the ~ into /home/blah. Then I tried to edit an existing file
and was annoyed at the lack of completion on filenames.  I realize this
is not what you implemented, but it is one part of what I had planned to
eventually get around to.

--
Sami Samhuri