another panel update
Francois Le Clainche
fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 11 01:12:16 CEST 2005
Le Tuesday 10 May 2005 à 08:06, Jasper Huijsmans a écrit:
> Ouch. I'll check that.
Thx for fixing that.
>>>* position of popup arrow button is no longer configurable.
>> I really miss that, for a pure esthetical reason.
> I don't think I'll add this one back, sorry.
I can find other arguments. Arrows at the right of the launchers:
- make identifying the corresponding button less intuitive
- use a lot of more space. It makes my panel so laaaarge, that it does
not fit the screen on my lappy anymore
- are really different from arrows in the back or forward buttons in a
browser; I don't see the analogy
- make the action of opening the menus successively more difficult,
especially when using a laptop touchpad, since the arrows are not side
by side (and require 2 clics :P)
- may not fit some Xfce users preferences (some Xfce screenshots show
that I'm probably not the only one using top arrows)
- do not look Xfceish
- severely harm Fuzzbox sleep quality
Couldn't that be a per-launcher setting? ie adding the option in the
properties dialog of each launcher, near its position in the panel?
BUG1: the switch from the horizontal to the vertical position doesn't
work (until you change another setting like the size of the panel).
BUG2: the panel loses its sticky state when switching from horizontal to
Francois Le Clainche - http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/files/PGP_key.txt
More information about the Xfce4-dev