[Xfce-i18n] POTFILES.in updated in xffm

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon May 9 17:43:58 CEST 2005

El lun, 09-05-2005 a las 22:49 +0900, Daichi Kawahata escribió:

> There's also bn_BD in language codes so I'm not sure it could be assumed
> whether bn and bn_IN would have exactly same translations (I'm asking
> about it to Bengali translator, Runa Bhattacharjee).

If the situation is akin es--es_MX--es_ES or pt--pt_BR--pt_PT, some
translations might not be the same, but they would be understandable. I
guess that would be better than no translations at all...

> My explanation wasn't good at all, I meant why those plugins being
> located ${prefix}/lib/xfce4/xffm-plugins were symbolic linked as follows
>
>   lrwxr-xr-x 1 root sys    19 May  8 20:07 libxffm_book.so -> libxffm_book.so.3.0
>   lrwxr-xr-x 1 root sys    19 May  8 20:07 libxffm_book.so.3 -> libxffm_book.so.3.0
>   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root sys 75160 May  8 20:07 libxffm_book.so.3.0

Ah, symbolic links should not be created in this case. I've now fixed
that in SVN. You will have to manually delete the symlinks that have
been created, but they should no longer reappear after "make install".

> > > As for your requests, I'm willing to test i18n related issues in full
> > > scale. Then having a glance at the xftree4, before reported problem
> > > (at drop-down menu) seems to be complicated, could you tell me how to
> > > set about ?
> >
> > I'm afraid I don't quite follow what you are trying to say. Is there any
> > issue regarding euc-jp that is not working right 4.3.1.37?
>
> Japanese (in EUC-JP) at drop-down menu in xffm (xftree4) wouldn't be
> displayed, it'll turn blanket (~/.cache/xfce4/xffm/xffm.golist.x.dbh was
> already removed) as always with,
>
>   Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
>
> Then, when I was trying to invoke xftree4 from xfce4-fm (seems xffm's
> default now) in which EUC-JP parent folder had existed, its name would
> be blanket in the xftree4 (you can confirm at an attached image).

I see. I will look into it this afternoon.

> The last one, I was talking about a handling of those characters in
> between xfsamba4 and Samba 3.x, which had listed in the TODO. If I'll
> install latest Samba, what kind of tests have you expected ?

I believe the tests you performed before we those. Basically, just
upload, download and navigate paths (remote and local) with euc-jp.
As long as smb.conf is configured properly at the remote samba server,
things should work ok. If not, let me know.

regards,

Edscott