xfwm4 restore on move - patch

Ori Bernstein rand_chars at rogers.com
Mon Mar 28 00:11:10 CEST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:16:57 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> said:

> Hi Ori
>
> Humm... I think this is wrong :
>
> > if (xevent->xmotion.y_root - passdata->oy > 50)
>                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Seems it's there to avoid a side effect with snapping, but snapping is
> configurable, so when snapping is set to its widest value, the restore
> on move doesn't work.
>
> HTH
> Olivier.

That I just changed because I found the previous value - 15 pixels, I think -
too easy to trigger. (maybe I should change the type of value for the setting to
an int (number of pixels before it triggers, 0 to disable)).

The change to fix the snapping side effect is on line 2871, specifically the
check'!c->toggled_maximize)'. However, it only affects the case when you're
moving the window towards the top of the screen - not when you're moving the
window against the taskbar. Thinking about it though, the neatest solution might
be to rewrite the snapping function to be a"resistance" type of snapping rather
than a "magnetism" type.

Also, I still can't duplicate the toggling between maximized and unmaximized
with alt-move, even with the compositor disabled. Maybe you could try sending me
your configuration, and the configure options you used?